Thursday, February 18, 2010

Roma -

After Milano, Whitney and I took a Eurostar train to Rome. We stayed at a bed and breakfast (in the ghetto) with a few other girls from the class. We saw the Coloseum, Vatican City, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and tons more. It was a VERY dirty city, both with graffeti and trash, but also with dirt streets. Notice we are wearing our sperrys with our dresses. Just from the train station to the bed and breakfast we had flip flops on...and our feet were BLACK!!!! So we made an awesome fashion statement and wore our sperrys. Also notice both of Whitney's dresses in my dark blue dress...they are our street market dresses from Milano!

The Coloseum - One of my FAVORITE things!
It was like 110 degrees when we were there (no joke), but we still had fun. The Coloseum is kinda like a big oven since the rocks hold in the heat, but we spent almost 2 hours there. Totally worth it!
The Spanish Steps - We played "where's Melissa" (like Where's Waldo) on the steps. So much fun!
Trevi Fountain - We threw 2 coins in: 1 to come back to Rome, the second to get married. Legend has it that those will come true(3 coins will get you a divorce haha).

These are random pictures around Rome. They include the forum, Palentine Hill, and a busy street looking back towards the Spanish Steps.
More random pictures and the Pantheon.

Rome was such an awesome city since I felt like I was walking into a history book. I will post my pictures of my Vatican City pages soon! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment